Live! Philadelphia Announces Opening Dates
Cordish Companies’ Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will launch reservation-only Preview Days on January 19, then open to the general public on February 11.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia, the city’s second casino, announced that it will open on January 19 at 4 p.m. with a series of reservation-only Preview Days for Live! Rewards Club members. The Preview Days will be followed by the official Grand Opening to the general public on Thursday, February 11 at 8 p.m. (pending approval from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board).
“We are beyond excited to go Live! in Philadelphia and bring this world-class gaming and entertainment destination to the heart of the Stadium District,” said Joe Billhimer, executive vice president of Cordish Gaming Group, the parent of casino licensee Stadium Casino. “What we have created here is unrivaled anywhere in the country. Sports fans, foodies, gaming enthusiasts, and anyone looking for a night of fun and excitement only has to make one stop to experience it all.”
Located in the center of Philadelphia’s Stadium District, home to the city’s three professional sports teams, the 510,000 square-foot Live! property features:
- More than 2,100 slots and electronic table games
- 150 live-action table games
- Dedicated 29-table poker room
- Luxury 12-story, 208-room Live! Hotel
- A variety of dining and entertainment options
- State-of-the-art FanDuel Sportsbook
- Six-room Event Center featuring 15,000 square feet of customizable meeting space to accommodate groups of 12 to 1,000 guests
- Attached multi-level structured parking facility and adjacent surface parking
The lineup of premier dining and entertainment opportunities at Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will include:
- The Prime Rib, the top Zagat-rated steakhouse previously located in Center City Philadelphia for more than 20 years;
- Sports & Social Philly, a one-of-a-kind sports restaurant, gaming venue and social lounge;
- Luk Fu, “where the authentic flavors of Southeast Asia meet in South Philadelphia;” and,
- 10th Street Market, a unique food hall inspired by the great food markets in Philadelphia where guests will be able to enjoy a wide variety of food, as well as a bar open 24/7.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia has committed to serve as a transformative development that will create maximum community benefits for the city of Philadelphia and bring economic opportunity and inclusivity to local residents. The project will generate over $2 billion in economic stimulus to the city, along with $100 million in tax revenues for the City in its first five years of operation, including $25 million to Philadelphia’s school district.
The facility has provided over 5,000 new construction jobs and is now hiring to fill up to 2,000 permanent new positions for area residents.