New Online Slot Games: Mammoth Power & Smokin’ 777
How are you fixed for online slots? Want to try something new? Konami offers a prehistoric party, while Everi continues a hot streak with its new game, Smokin’ 777s.
Mammoth Power by Konami
This game employs a fun theme centered on prehistoric animals like the wooly mammoth and saber-toothed tiger.
The base game is a five-reel, 40-line game with a cool multiplier feature in the primary game. Whenever the wild Cave symbol lands in a winning combination (it appears on the middle reels), it changes into an image of running animals that applies a 2X or 3X multiplier to the win.
Three, four or five Stone symbols trigger eight 20 or 30 free games, respectively. During the free games, two, three, four or five Stone symbols award an additional two, eight 20 or 30 free games, respectively.
During the free games, the Cave symbols apply 2X or 3X multipliers, but additionally, if more than one of the symbols appear on a reel, then each cave symbol on that reel will change to the same multiplier.
The game features Konami’s “Action Stacked Symbols,” a popular feature that results in clusters of winning symbol resulting in huge wins.
Mammoth Power: Five-reel, 40-line slot, multiplying wild symbols
Denomination: .01, .02, .05, .10, .25, .50, 1.00, 2.00, 5.00
Max Bet: 50
Payback Percentage: 82%—96%
Hit Frequency: 28 percent
Top Jackpot: 6,750 credits times line bet
Join the excitement at TropicanaCasino.com and get up to $100 Cash Back. Rules apply. Offer is good for the first 7 days following your first deposit and wager.
Smokin’ 777 by Everi
Everi has been one of the most prolific slot manufacturers in the way of developing traditional three-reel mechanical games. Lately, the company has used that expertise to offer the traditional-style games online.
One of Everi’s most popular casino offerings has been a series of traditional reel-spinners called “Smokin’ Hot Jackpots.” One of that series’ premiere games, Smokin’ 777, is now one of Everi’s more popular online titles as well.
Smokin’ 777 is a traditional three-reel, five-line mechanical-style game, with a classic, simple pay schedule including bar and “7” combinations. The bar symbols are presented with the word “jackpot” in white or gold. Pays begin for any three symbols. The bar symbols pay for mixed combinations, like white symbols and like gold symbols.
There are four “7” combinations—mixed, single, double and triple 7s, which is the top-paying combination in the table. But the real money lies in the “Double Jackpot” wild symbols. One in a paying combination doubles the jackpot; two of the wilds in a win multiplies the jackpot by four. Three Double Jackpot symbols on the first four paylines return 2,000 credits; on the fifth diagonal payline, the game’s top jackpot of 10,000 credits.
This is a traditional volatile gambler’s game, offered in high denominations, so start out with a good bankroll, and then wait out a house edge that is comparatively low for a slot game.
Smokin’ 777: Three-reel, five-line slot; multiplying wild symbols
Denomination: .25, .50, 1.00
Max Bet: 5
Payback Percentage: 85%—98%
Hit Frequency: Approximately 20 percent
Top Jackpot: 10,000 credits
Sign up to play slots at VirginCasino.com, and you’ll be in line for $100 cash back—that’s real cash, not bonus bucks! Rules apply.
Do You Speak Slots?
- “Payback percentage”—also known as return to player or RTP—refers to the percentage of wagers that are returned to all players over the active life of a game. A 94 percent payback percentage does not mean you will get 94 percent of your money returned to you every time. It means there is a 6 percent house edge on the game. (Even a 100 percent payback doesn’t guarantee you’ll win—it means there’s no house edge. It’s like the flip of a coin.) Manufacturers offer operators a range of percentages, and it’s up to the operator to pick which to offer players.
- “Hit frequency” refers to the percentage of all spins that will result in a win of some kind. Remember that these wins can often be less than your bet. (If that happens too often, you should find another game!) Some manufacturers do not provide this statistic; in this case, we estimate based on the volatility of the game program
- “Volatility” refers to the manner in which wins are distributed on a slot machine. Low volatility means there will be lots of little hits, with wins of some kind very frequently (again, watch for too many wins less than your bet). High volatility means the hits are fewer and farther between, but there are many more huge wins—the kind that can turn a losing session into a winning session.
- “Ways to Win” refers to a game in which there are no paylines. In this style of game, adjacent like symbols on the screen register wins, and the number of spots on the entire reel set determines how many ways the player can possibly win on each spin.
- “Cost to cover” refers to the level of wager required to activate all the paylines on a screen. The good advice was always to wager enough to activate all the paylines, but these days, most games use this figure as a minimum bet. (Too many people were betting a penny on a penny game in the past.)
Toga Party! When you make your first deposit at CaesarsCasino.com, the emperor will match it 100% up to $300 in casino bonus play!