NJ’s PlaySugarHouse.com Betting Breakdown
NFL Divisional weekend was notable in that all of the favorites won outright, while three of four covered the spread. This was notably different than Wild Card weekend, where the underdogs had their way, winning three of four and covering all four games.
- The most popular game of the week for bettors was the Eagles vs. Saints on Sunday evening
- The final four teams feature the top two seeds in each conference, leading to relatively balanced Super Bowl odds, with the Saints the favorites at 1.75-1, followed by the Chiefs at 2.75-1, and the Patriots and Rams at 3.5-1
- Remarkably, the totals for both the AFC and NFC Championship Games are 57.5, while the Saints are favored by 3.5 and the Chiefs are favored by 3
- Clemson’s surprising blowout victory over Alabama in the College Football National Championship Game had more betting handle than three out of four NFL games
- PlaySugarHouse.com offered boosted odds all weekend on special bets, including a popular Drew Brees (300+ passing yards) and Michael Thomas (100+ receiving yards) parlay that paid out +250
“With College Football season behind us and the final two weekends of NFL ahead, we’re close to entering the post-football betting season weekend,” said Mattias Stetz, C.O.O at Rush Street Interactive. “We’re seeing action pick up on college basketball and the NBA, and this week, tennis fans are tuned into the Australian Open.”