Online Gambling: Getting Started
You don’t have to go to the casino or sportsbook to enjoy gambling. When you set up an online gambling account, your favorite casino games and sports wagers will be right at your fingertips.
There’s nothing like playing blackjack with your favorite dealer, or shooting dice in the casino with a couple of friends.
But in the Covid-19 era, many people have found that online gambling is not only the Next Best Thing, but sometimes the Very Best Thing.
These days, the biggest advantages of playing online is safety. Many casinos have now reopened, but that doesn’t mean everyone wants to return.
According to some estimates, pent-up demand will bring back about 65% of casino business by mid-January. But for the 35% of patrons who choose to stay away for safety reasons, online gambling is the way to go. Most casino operators have mobile apps with the same games as their brick-and-mortar operations.
Getting started is easy. It takes less than one hour to set up an account and begin online gambling.
How to Create an Online Gambling Account
First, you must be 21 to set up an online casino account and gamble online!
- Go to a trusted source like iGamingPlayer.com. iGP provides an extensive list of options for the online player. All options are legal so you know there’s no concern whether you’ll be paid when you win. The links will send you either to the App Store or to the operator’s website.
- For your convenience, many of them offer casino games and sports betting on the same app.
- Download an online casino app or sign up online for an operator that’s authorized in your state.
- Fill out all the pertinent information. Now you’re ready to fund your player account.
Click on the operator logo in our chart below for the best signup bonuses available to New Jersey players
Easy, right? Now you can play from the comfort of your home or anywhere else in the state, whether it’s commuting on the train, sitting in a restaurant, or taking your lunch break.
Online, you’ll find many of the same games you’ll find in a live casino. You may find that a tablet’s bigger screen allows for a better, more immersive experience.
Create a new-player account at TropicanaCasino.com, and you’ll be awarded up to $100 cash back—that’s real cash, not bonus money! Get started today.
Advantages of Online Gambling
- One of the big advantages of online gambling is that you can pick your bet minimum. When you play in the casino, the house has a standard minimum. That minimum is based on customer demand and the supply of gaming tables.But when you gamble online, you control the minimum, which helps you to maximize your bankroll. Just as in the casino, you should have a predetermined maximum wager.
- When you gamble online, you have the luxury of not having to wait for a favorite game. That’s not always true in the casino, where you sometimes have to play musical chairs with other patrons, or jockey for a seat at the table. Now, if you’re a high-limit player, you’d never experience that, because the pit manager will find you a seat. But when you gamble online, you’re the pit boss.
- In an online casino, you’ll find an almost unlimited number of games to choose from. You can easily jump from online slot games to online blackjack to online roulette. This is unlike the physical casino, where you couldn’t game-hop if you wanted to. You also don’t have to be concerned with the gambling styles of other players (for example, “Did he just split tens?”).
Mobile Sports Betting
Sports betting really made online gaming explode. It’s hard to imagine now, but for decades, the only place you could make a legal sports betting wager on a single game was in Nevada. And when you were in the sportsbook, you couldn’t use a phone to place your bets.
That all changed in 2018, when sports betting became legal in New Jersey, and then spread to other states. Since then, in all jurisdictions that allow mobile sports betting, 60% to 70% of the handle comes in via mobile app.
Most mobile sports bettors place “in-play” or live bets—in other words, they make the wagers after a game has started. If you’re interested in-play betting, mobile sports betting is for you. It lets you look for advantageous betting situations in the moment, without standing in line or at a kiosk. You don’t have to worry about being shut out at the window before the game starts. This is why a lot of sports bettors bet mobile, even while they’re at the physical sportsbook.
When you bet online, there are many more online sports bets available than you’d see on the casino odds board. You can bet on player props and results at certain times of the game. For example, the yards Tom Brady will pass for over or under 315 would never make the odds board unless it was Super Bowl Sunday. But you can find that bet online.
Here’s a list of our favorite sports betting operators. Simply click on your Operator for a link to their site.
Sports Betting Operator Available in these States
Golden Nugget •NJ •PA
BetAmerica •NJ •PA •IN
Borgata Sports •NJ
PointsBet •NJ •CO •IN •IL •IA
Resorts Sports •NJ
Caesars Sports •NJ •PA •IL
SugarHouse / Bet Rivers •NJ •PA •CO •IN •IL
William Hill •NJ •PA •CO •IN •IL •WV
BetMGM •NJ •PA •CO •IN •IA •MI •TN •WV
Hard Rock Sports •NJ
Don’t pass up on your chance to get 100% of your first sports bet back at ResortsCasino.com. If your bet ends with a loss, you’ll get it back—up to $250, credited to your Sports Free Bet balance.
Online Gambling Makes You the Pit Boss
As you can see, there are plenty of upsides to online gambling. But always play responsibly. There’s no pit manager to monitor your behavior and length of play. Online gambling makes you the pit boss, the one who sets the parameters.
Make sure you play responsibly by setting limits on your account, just as you would in your favorite casino. Set deposit and spending limits, and be sure you keep an eye on how long you’re playing. Above all, have fun.