The Right to Choose: More Betting Options Come Online in NJ
As online casino sites continue to thrive in the New Jersey market, it can be easy to forget just how many options players have. Look around—there are 30 different sites offering online or poker action and clamoring for your business.
Right now there are 30 different sites offering online casino or poker action in New Jersey. That kind of competition is good for consumers. While many bettors find their favorite online casino and stick with it, there are other providers competing for your business, trying to outdo each other with bonuses, welcome packages and other perks.
Here’s a rundown of the sites out there. Remember, online casinos have to be partnered with a live Atlantic City casino.
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa: The big players are the online sites under Borgata’s own brand, but the casino is partnered with the most online sites. That’s partly because the BorgataCasino and BorgataPoker sites are mirrored by the PlayMGM brand (MGM owns Borgata). BorgataPoker also shares players with PartyPoker NJ.
The casino is also partnered with PalaCasino in California, which also offers casino, poker and bingo sites. The lesser light here is Scorescasino.com, which runs a New Jersey casino and an international site for players outside the U.S.
- Golden Nugget Casino: The Golden Nugget leads all A.C. casinos in online play with a powerhouse line-up of three sites: GoldenNugget.com, Betfair.com and PlaySugarhouse.com.
Betfair is a major international gambling brand that recently joined with FanDuel.com, the leading sportsbook in New Jersey. PlaySugarhouse originates at the SugarHouse casino in Philadelphia. Its New Jersey site complements and actually led the way to its new Pennsylvania-based online casino and sportsbook.
- Hard Rock Atlantic City: One of the city’s newest casinos has its own branded site and recently partnered in the launch of Unibet.com, one of the most trusted names in international online casinos.
- Resorts Casino: Resorts has dual online casino sites under its own brand and through the Mohegan Sun casino in Connecticut (Mohegan Sun operates Resorts).
The casino has also partnered with DraftKings, which is now the biggest online sportsbook in New Jersey. DraftKings has begun to roll out slots and casino games at its sites.
Resorts also partners with poker giant PokerStars, which has also begun rolling out its own online casino games.
- Tropicana Atlantic City: The Trop has its own casino site and is partnered with Virgin Casino from Branson Enterprises. They are two of the steadiest sites in the state.
Caesars Casino: Best known for its WSOP and 888 poker sites, the casino company also offers online casinos at Caesarscasino.com and Harrahscasino.com.